Cake Boss Software: Adding To Master Ingredients List -

Business By Hillebrandts Updated 2 Dec 2011 , 2:53pm by sillywabbitz

Hillebrandts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hillebrandts Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 5:25am
post #1 of 4

Trying to figure out exactly *how* to handle adding some ingredient. First off, I know HOW to add ingredients. My issue is the BEST way to add ingredients. The biggest problem I am having is EGGS!!!!!!!! Eggs do not come standard in the list and for good reason likely. My issue is I ONLY buy whole eggs of-course (live in northern Sweden), but many of my recipes use just whites, just yokes or whole. Now when I total the cost of the recipe I always price a white the same as a whole, and the same with a yoke. So a price for the WHOLE egg isn't a problem. But there isn't a standard measurement setting for whole egg because well eggs come in many sizes... So how do I properly enter eggs (in the various stages of use) into the ingredients list so I can sink my recipes without going fully insane... Sorry if I am over thinking this horribly.

Can anyone give there recommendation that uses the software for both recipes, and pricing?

Or does anyone have a copy of their master ingredients list that they wouldn't mind sharing?

3 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 6:39am
post #2 of 4

If you want the pricing to sync with your recipes where you only use whites/yolks, I would create this:

Egg whites, per 1 = .50 (for example)
Egg yolks, per 1 = .50
Egg, medium, per 1 = .50

Then, if you happen to use large eggs for whatever reason you can create a new one eg, egg, large, per 1 = .75. You just need to specify when you enter the recipe, which type of egg you are using.

markzdemetrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markzdemetrez Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 4

I think the cost of the cake doesn't matter as long as the cake taste good. Cake lover will surely comeback and buy again.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

If you want the pricing to sync with your recipes where you only use whites/yolks, I would create this:

Egg whites, per 1 = .50 (for example)
Egg yolks, per 1 = .50
Egg, medium, per 1 = .50

Then, if you happen to use large eggs for whatever reason you can create a new one eg, egg, large, per 1 = .75. You just need to specify when you enter the recipe, which type of egg you are using.

I agree with LisaPeps, Generally for items that are used slightly differently even though they have the same cost, I enter them as a different line item so they line up appropriately with how my recipe is listed. I do eggs as a single item as well. I buy my egg whites in a carton and measure them so I do have a specific price for egg whites. If I seperated them manually I would cost the whole egg as well. Once you get everything loaded, Cake Boss is such a dreamicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%