11Th And 13Th Birthdays

Decorating By Skylar Updated 7 Mar 2005 , 8:46pm by Skylar

Skylar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skylar Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 2:07am
post #1 of 8

My nieces have birthdays in March. They have always shared a party including a cake. This year since I've started decorating cakes, I thought I would make them individual cakes. Does anyone have any ideas for an 11 year old girl and a 13 year old girl that would be really special? Thank you! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 8

whenever i do a cake for someone i always ask what their hobbies/interests and favorite colors are, then i go from there. like the fashion cake i made. the person was into hats and clothes and her favorite colors were light green and pink, so that's what is started with.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 8

that would work really well if you were creative...... I'm not.... give me a picture, or an idea and I can do it, but I cant come up with it myself! But I agree with Diane find out specific things they are into and then try to think of something...heck post them here and maybe someone here can help!!!!!!!!!
good luck!!!!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 8

This is my favorite site for looking at cakes. When I think of cakes for 11-13 yr old girls I think of fun, bright colors, etc... like many of the cakes on this site. There are a lot of cakes to browse through on this site, hopefully you find something!

http://www.cindascreativecakes.com/Photos/photos.asp?type=elegant&page=1

Melissa icon_smile.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 8

WOW! Cinda's creative cakes are beautiful! Great website!

Skylar Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the advice. I checked out Cinda's website. It was great. I am also one of those people who need a picture to go by. I just can't "see" an idea in my head. Both of my nieces love clothes, makeup, girly stuff!!! Thanks for any suggestions. I'll keep looking through the galleries for ideas!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 8

I guess depending on what they like. I made a tinkerbell cookie for my 12 yr. old and a Eeyore cake for my 13yr. old.. Just a thought!

Skylar Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 8:46pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%