Anyone Use White Almond Bark For Leaves?

Decorating By lrlt2000 Updated 28 Nov 2011 , 1:47am by funtodecorate2

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 2:53am
post #1 of 2

I am trying to figure out what the best way to may white chocolate leaves would be. The directions I have say to just use Wilton candy melts, but I have white chocolate almond bark that I need to use.

I usually use this to make white chocolate ganache for use under fondant on my cakes, but I tried to use it last week to cover cake pops and it was not thin enough to coat well. I didn't know what to do to thin it, and the cake pops were only for my daughters and their friend, so it didn't matter.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can alter this to use it to make white chocolate leaves? I need to coat silk leaves or real mint leaves with a layer of it, then peel the leaf away to show the texture of the leaf.

Should I make modeling chocolate with it and mix it with corn syrup? Should I thin it with something? Should I use it as is? Do I want the medium to be a little pliable at first (versus that hard cracking characteristic almond bark has?)

Thanks!

1 reply
funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 1:47am
post #2 of 2

HI,
I can't answer your question, but since you use almond bark I thought I'd ask you a few questions. The only thing I've used the choc and white bark for is dipping pretzels. I made my first batch ever of modeling choc tonight. I wanted to know if I could use the bark to make a pine cone . I watched a utube video making pine cones and she just piped out the choc with a round tip and let it dry. Then used the modeling choc for the stem.
Besides roses , I'm looking for other ways to use almond bark if you have any.
Sorry to not be able to help you. I'm pretty new at this.
Wendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%