Proposal Cake Ideas

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 15 Dec 2011 , 4:52am by Annabakescakes

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 5

I am in need of some fresh ideas please!! Here is the dilemma. A very sweet young woman wants to propose to her boyfriend on Christmas Eve. She wants me to make a cake of a black Polo shirt and have the proposal and ring hidden somewhere on the cake.......I have NOTHING!!!! There are no pockets on a Polo to hide a note or ring...I am stumped!! any ideas sure would help....thanks CCers

4 replies
CrescentMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrescentMoon Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

what about using the garmet tag as the place to write the proposal?

Misoranomegami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misoranomegami Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 12:38am
post #3 of 5

Well if he's old enough to be getting proposed to you probably don't have to worry about a choking hazzard. I think I'ld get a little plastic ball, hollow out a space between the layers and hide it in the cake. Then I'ld carefully mark where that fell into on the side so when decorating it I could put some kind of tiny marker to show which slice had the ring./note/ proposal whatever He goes to dig in and finds it in the slice!

cangela4re Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cangela4re Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 12:19am
post #4 of 5

I like the idea of having writing on the shirt tag, you could hide the ring box in the sleeve as a play on "something up my sleeve" in presenting this cake maybe make a poem on the shirt tag like:

They say its better to give than it is to receive
So for you this year, I have something up my sleeve...

Then when he eats the slice of sleeve and finds the ring...viola, Will you marry me?

HTH

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 4:52am
post #5 of 5

I have no idea better than the ones presented, I just need to say that is a balls move! I wouldn't do that in a million years! I would think that if he wanted to marry her, he would ask, but I have been accused of being old fashioned before! When i was 11, I was told I had "an old soul" by a little old lady in a nursing home I volunteered in

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%