Name My Business

Decorating By tracieduran Updated 18 Nov 2011 , 7:42am by MCurry

tracieduran Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracieduran Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Bakers, I am trying hard to come up with a name to put on my business cards but have not been very successful. Please help. I don't really want to have my name as the title.

4 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 5

Tell us something about yourself and your business. Where are you? Do you do other things besides cakes? What's your favorite color? Is there an animal you like? What's your favorite flower? Are you going for cute or elegant or something else? Do you want to do mostly weddings? Baby shower/celebration cakes? Kids' cakes? Cupcakes? Corporate cakes?

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:00am
post #3 of 5

I really don't think it's something other people can come up with for you...it has to be something unique and appropriate to YOU and YOUR business. Cake Spy wrote a good article on her blog with some tips on naming cake businesses, which may be helpful:

http://www.cakespy.com/blog/2011/8/5/ask-cakespy-clever-baking-business-name.html

VMesser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VMesser Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:26am
post #4 of 5

I really don't have a business yet where I would need a name but I have chosen a name for my baking and sweets maken from something My Grandmother [RIP Grandma I Love You] would tell me all the time. I was hoping for another Girl I could name her after but I had a Boy who I love very much. So to Honor her I'm going to take that phrase of hers and use it as a Business name. :0)
I used a nickname [from when I was a young waitress] for my Gifts & Baskets business I had in FL many years ago & just added a "s" to it. ~Vomos Gifts & Baskets~
So you can take a name from many places. I have heard of people picking names from something one of their children has said. My Daughter use to call Hamburgers Hang-A-Burgers. I think that would be a great name for a hamburger joint :0). Also as I learned the hard way check out the name you pick isn't already a name for someone else. Especially when it comes to a name you may want to use for a website. Also look into getting it copyrighted. I wish I would have done these for two separate adventures. I learned my lesson on both of these the hard way. I was told about copyrighting before and didn't do it. This Time I will :0)
Good Luck !

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 7:42am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

I really don't think it's something other people can come up with for you...it has to be something unique and appropriate to YOU and YOUR business. Cake Spy wrote a good article on her blog with some tips on naming cake businesses, which may be helpful:

http://www.cakespy.com/blog/2011/8/5/ask-cakespy-clever-baking-business-name.html

Agreed. Thanks for sharing this article. While I have a business name, it was great to read this info to evaluate my decision. I plan on sharing this site with a friend who is trying to finalize a business name.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%