National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day.

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 15 Nov 2011 , 6:51pm by TexasSugar

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 6

Who said springtime was the only season for cleaning?

Get out your trash bags (and plastic gloves and gas masks), because today is National Clean out Your Refrigerator Day.

O.K. everyone let's get to it!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 6

Good, you can come over and do mine when you're done! icon_lol.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Get out your trash bags (and plastic gloves and gas masks), because today is National Clean out Your Refrigerator Day.

LOL, that's great!!!! thumbs_up.gif but, let me tell you, at my house, I made every Friday our National Clean out your fridge day...---and the advantage is...if you do it every week it becomes a very simple task thumbs_up.gif
It's a family of 2 adults and 2 kids and that fridge can get pretty nasty! icon_redface.gif

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

LOL, that's great!!!! thumbs_up.gif but, let me tell you, at my house, I made every Friday our National Clean out your fridge day...---and the advantage is...if you do it every week it becomes a very simple task thumbs_up.gif
It's a family of 2 adults and 2 kids and that fridge can get pretty nasty! icon_redface.gif

I agree.. I do it every week or every 2 weeks... I have all men in my house other than me.. And well lets just say I live with pigs lol

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 6

It's amazing how much of a mess it can get to be with just two. But I made it a rule that I can't do my grocery shopping every week until the fridge is cleared out. So far it's working pretty well. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 6:51pm
post #6 of 6

I actually just cleaned both my freezer and fridge out a couple of weekends ago. In the freezer I tossed anything I couldn't remember how long it'd been in or things that were out of day. In the fridge I checked the dates on all of the bottles of this and that in there. I did have a few bottles that could go and a few things I bought, didn't like and for some reason stuck it back in there.

Since I do a weekly shopping trip, I tend to throw any left overs that never got moved to the freezer away, as well as veggies or fruits that had gone bad. But it is good to pull everything out ever now and then and really examine it, the date on it, and decide if you are really going to use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%