Pricing For Mini Bread Loaves.

Lounge By cakelady2266 Updated 15 Nov 2011 , 8:13pm by scp1127

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 2:30am
post #1 of 6

I have a regular client I provide desserts and dessert gifts for their business Christmas dinner. This year she has requested candies and mini snack bread loaves for the employees gifts baskets. I don't offer/advertise snack breads (banana nut, apple, pumpkin spice, etc) to the public so I don't know how to price them.

She is a great customer and I don't mind doing this but I don't want to over or under price them. I'll be making three different scratch breads and I'll need about 60 mini loaves. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

5 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 5:55am
post #2 of 6

I have them on my site and they sell well. I think each of my full loaves makes 3 minis (WS pans, more of those tiny ones), but it's on the site with the pricing. If I do corporate work, I look at how many recipes I can do at once in my mixer and adjust the price by the ease of duplication. I have exact dimensions if you want to pm me, but you'll get the ides.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 6:34am
post #3 of 6

We priced specialty loaves of bread at $15 each or 2 for $25, but we stopped selling bread since we have limited resources and cakes are much more profitable. We've never sold mini loaves but we would probably price them around $4 each in volume. This is in CA with a rented commercial kitchen.

scp1127 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 7:01am
post #4 of 6

I think mine are all 2/$21 (full sized). If I add spreads, they are more... around $26. I started offering them in sandwich form and they went over like crazy. The spreads are mostly cream cheese based, but with no sugar. I use honey and cinnamon and the other incorporates marmalade. These were my gifts last year to "not" immediate family members.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 6

I'm thinking $4.00 to $5.00 per mini loaf would be a good jumping off point. I love to bake breads and muffins but I don't think I'll offer them on a regular basis. Since most folks can whip them up themselves it wouldn't be quiet as profitable as cakes. But oh how I love to eat them so it's probably a good thing I don't sell them.

scp1127 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 6

They are a favorite of ours too. I don't like sweets as much as something like this. Quick breads are a great althenative to dessert.

My yeast bread offerings are much higher. My sticky buns are $40 for 8. The brioche au chocolate is about the same. The sticky buns are one of my best sellers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%