Need Advice On How To Make My Business Grow???

Decorating By prettycupcake Updated 14 Nov 2011 , 8:42pm by esq1031

prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I know some of you guys are pros or semi-pro so I just need a little advice getting the word out about my website, Facebook and cakes. How do I go about doing that? What has worked for you and what kind of advice can you give a beginner with a strong passion for growth and success.

Thank you all in advance.

3 replies
sabileos1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabileos1 Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 4

you can do a giveaway on facebook. write a post telling friends to post your link to your business page and have their friends "LIKE" your page and then leave a comment telling you who sent them. do this for a few days and at the end of the contest tally up all your likes and who got the most referrals then do a give away of one of your products like maybe a dozen cupcakes a cake pop bouquet or whatever your product may be! I did this and got 200 likes in a week and a lot of new customers and orders icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 4

Do you have a licensed and inspected commercial kitchen? If not you will probably want to hold off on advertising until you get legal, unfortunately NJ did not pass the proposed cottage food bill this year.

If you do have a legal commercial kitchen, there are several different advertising methods you can use, including networking with venues and wedding planners, Google AdWords, Yelp, etc. depending on who you want to target.

esq1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esq1031 Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabileos1

you can do a giveaway on facebook. write a post telling friends to post your link to your business page and have their friends "LIKE" your page and then leave a comment telling you who sent them. do this for a few days and at the end of the contest tally up all your likes and who got the most referrals then do a give away of one of your products like maybe a dozen cupcakes a cake pop bouquet or whatever your product may be! I did this and got 200 likes in a week and a lot of new customers and orders icon_smile.gif

Love this idea. Everyone is on Facebook these days and I think it's better to advertise there in the beginning than to have an actual website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%