Where Can I Buy An Extra Long Cake Knife

Decorating By josiejoe Updated 19 Nov 2011 , 9:12pm by Unlimited

josiejoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josiejoe Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 8

I am in the UK and always see over sees cakers using these extra long serated knives to level their cakes and would like to get one for myself but cannot seem to find on in the UK

7 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 8

I use a long serrated bread knife. icon_smile.gif

josiejoe Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 8

i've got a long bread knife but i want an extra long one icon_wink.gif

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 8

If www.bakedecco.com ships overseas I got mine from them. The blade not including the handle is 14 inches. I paid $17.60 USD for it.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 8

There is a 19" length blade here: http://www.surbitonart.co.uk/acatalog/Knives.html

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 8

I'm sorry I can't tell you exactly where, but the extra long super sharp knife I have (and serrated) is one my husband originally bought (and I immediately stole for myself) for fishing! As in for fishing, cleaning, gutting (sorry). And it was approximately $20! So check around by you at a fishing / sporting goods type of place. As long as its new, it doesn't have to be specifically for baking. Mine has got to be 16-18" long and has a plastic sheath for storage. Its also thin and flexible so it's great to torte a oversize item. Good luck - you never know where you will find something you need!

josiejoe Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 8

thank you very much for all the replies, i now have a 19" blade one ordered icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 9:12pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCurry

If www.bakedecco.com ships overseas I got mine from them. The blade not including the handle is 14 inches. I paid $17.60 USD for it.

FYI, there's one "c" too many to make bakedeco a working link.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%