Baby With Colitis (Need A Cake Recipes Please)!!

Baking By Jami111683 Updated 10 Nov 2011 , 9:35pm by jason_kraft

Jami111683 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jami111683 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 3

I have a 2 yr old niece and we just found out that she has colitis she can't have any boxed cakes. I am tring to find a good recipe that she can have to celebrate her 3rd birthday. It just wouldn't be a birthday if she couldn't eat her own cake. Please if there is someone out there that can help me make this little girl a birthday cake i would sure appreciate it. She has to live the reast of her life with this disease and i just want her not to fell like she can't eat anything good. Please help ASAP! Thank You and god bless!!

2 replies
azchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azchic Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 3

What is it exactly that she can't have? Gluten,eggs,milk? I have a few recipes just need to know what exactly she can't eat.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 3

Having colitis does not necessarily mean no more boxed cakes, it depends on what type of diet she is on -- even a low residue diet would still allow for white flour, butter, sugar, etc. If she has to avoid dairy there are several vegan cake recipes available.

Here is a coffee cake recipe from a cookbook specifically tailored to low-residue diets:
http://www.colitiscookbook.com/breakfast-food-recipes/carols-coffee-cake-serves-6/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%