Lustre Spray

Baking By Sarah-Lou-Spence Updated 11 Nov 2011 , 12:02am by Dayti

Sarah-Lou-Spence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah-Lou-Spence Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 2

Hi there,

Wow its been a while since I have posted on here! I had forgotten how great this forum is.

I was just wondering if anybody has used the lustre spray on cupcakes at all. I have had a request for 50 cupcakes with silver frosting and 50 cupcakes with black frosting.

I am struggling as I dont really want to use black colourant as everyone will end up with black lips and mouths

And the silver I cant think of another way other than spraying it.

If anybody has done this do you know roughly how many cupcakes one tin will do?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah x

1 reply
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 12:02am
post #2 of 2

I will be making silver cupcakes in exactly this way either tomorrow or Saturday, so I can let you know how many I can do with one can (I will use PME silver spray). I can tell you that those little cans don't go very far at all. I am also thinking of tinting the icing light grey first so I can get away with less spray.

As for making black frosting, if you start with chocolate frosting you should have to use very little black (I use Sugarflair Black Extra). But even that will discolour tongues but at least everyone at the party will be in the same boat, with black tongues or silver lustre around their mouths icon_biggrin.gif I haven't used black spray ever but it could work if you can find it and the colouring in mouths will be much less intense. I generally warn people if they want black buttercream or fondant that it can be a problem, but most seem to be ok with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%