Contacted By Davd's Bridal - Anyone Else/

Business By Linda5606 Updated 24 Nov 2011 , 3:23pm by Fantasy_Cakes

Linda5606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda5606 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 4:30am
post #1 of 15

i was contacted by david's bridal today about being their cake person for this area. has anyone done this? was it good for your business? just unsure of getting into this without some input.
thanks
linda

14 replies
Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 4:47am
post #2 of 15

bump

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 4:56am
post #3 of 15

What exactly does being their "cake person" entail?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 12:04am
post #4 of 15

You pay them a fee and they put your advertising stuff out. I've been asked to do it but I never did. Unless they'd let me out a cake dummy in the store I figuerd that any advertising materials that are there would just be lost in the shuffle. I've heard from other people who did it and weren't happy with the lack of return on investment.

megg5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megg5 Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 12:43am
post #5 of 15

I had been asked as well! I didn't think it would be worth it! I thought the fee was too much for a "paper flyer" or business card to be dropped into their bridal bags among 50other papers! I know when I went in for my bridal dress and they gave me the packet of information, I tossed it all aside!

EdieP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdieP Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 1:42am
post #6 of 15

I was also asked and they want you to pay 150.00 per month to advertise in their stores and you may get only 1 lead..not worth it

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 2:14am
post #7 of 15

I got the email also, probably because I did the program several years ago. BIGGEST. WASTE. OF. MONEY. EVER!!!!! Run, don't walk away from this.

Linda5606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda5606 Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 3:17am
post #8 of 15

thank you for your responses. i felt like this wouldn't be a good use of my budget. i'm glad to hear my instinct still works.

thanks all

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 13 Nov 2011 , 12:47am
post #9 of 15

We got the same email, and I couldn't believe they would try to get $150/month for that!!! I was so tempted to email back and say "Seriously???" Sounds like all it amounts to is some easy money for DB. No thanks!

Taterfink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taterfink Posted 13 Nov 2011 , 9:51pm
post #10 of 15

Sounds like a sweet deal for David's Bridal! Not so sweet for the Bakeries.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Nov 2011 , 10:57pm
post #11 of 15

I had them call me with that once. When I challenged her on the specifics she couldn't answer the questions!! icon_confused.gif Oh yeah, that really instills confidence in me!! icon_rolleyes.gif

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 1:41am
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I had them call me with that once. When I challenged her on the specifics she couldn't answer the questions!! icon_confused.gif Oh yeah, that really instills confidence in me!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Sounds like it's really well thought-out...what, did they just come up with this half-baked plan and expect cake businesses to jump at the chance? icon_rolleyes.gif

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 7:33pm
post #13 of 15

I've been asked several times and always turn it down.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 4:56am
post #14 of 15

Been asked...turned it down! It is alot of money and while they have alot of brides, I am not convinced anyone pays attention to their "vendors." I had a friend do it and she said it was a big waste of $$

Fantasy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fantasy_Cakes Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 3:23pm
post #15 of 15

Now you scared me! icon_surprised.gif

We just signed the contract with Eva's Bridal Center. We have few tables over there with cakes and table in separated show room where we can have our private consultations. I can go there whenever I want, have tasting and meet with clients even if they are not brides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%