New Arsenal Badge

Decorating By sazwardy Updated 6 Nov 2011 , 11:28pm by carolinagirlcakes

sazwardy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sazwardy Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 8

hi i used royal icing to trace the new arsenal badge on to this sheet that claimed it didnt stick, i spent hours doing this badge in white and it just cracked everywhere when trying to take it off. how can i do the arsenal badge? its all white so buttercream wont work.
i didnt wanna do it free hand onto the cake incase it went wrong
can anyone help me x x x

7 replies
sazwardy Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 8

please help x

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 8

Hon, give people time to see your request. 30 minutes isn't much time. Not everyone is sitting at their computer to see each post as it is added.

I have NO idea what badge nor 'this sheet' you are talking about. Maybe other dont either.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 8

Translation: arsenal badge = football club badge[logo]

Translation: sheet that claimed it didnt stick = some type of transparent parchment or paper to trace through, and ice onto

Translation: it just cracked everywhere when trying to take it off = the brittle royal icing floodwork did what it likes to do when moved ie cracked

Translation: how can i do the arsenal badge? = any other suggestions as to how to make a football club badge

Presumption: it's a cake that is a gift or for personal use ..

Other wise [from their website]
The trade marks ARSENAL, GUNNERS, the Arsenal shield, the Arsenal Soccer Schools logo, the Gunnersaurus logo and all other related service marks, trading names or other trade marks relating to Arsenal Football Club's products and services are owned by The Arsenal Football Club PLC and may not be used without their express prior written consent.
Note: this is not about copyrights - it is about trademarks

Jknoxcake2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jknoxcake2011 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 8

Do a frozen buttercream transfer. Or, white chocolate you melt and pipe to the shape and cool in the freezer. Both methods piped and frozen on wax paper. Once frozen, turn upside down onto cake, peel waxed paper off. Make sure youploy have an inverted image that you pipe on under the wax paper (an outline) so that when you turn it over on your cake it's right side up.
I have NEVER had anything stick to waxed paper, if you were Originally trying to do a frozen buttercream transfer maybe the buttercream had not been in the freezer long enough.

sazwardy Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you to the helpful reply,
There is no need for rude replys I have not used this site before and was only asking for help!

JennTheCakeLadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennTheCakeLadie Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 8

Royal Icing is fragile... It's the nature of the beast. When using royal, make sure allow enough time to dry... Meaning days. Be careful not to get it too thin, it's super fragile. Whenever I'm working with Royal, I ALWAYS make spares, because you can almost be guaranteed that something is going to break. I've had royal break on its own while drying. If you need the cake now, and don't have time at this point to wait a couple of days, I would definitely try the frozen buttercream technique, or roll out a piece of colored fondant and use white food coloring to paint it on.

HTH

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:28pm
post #8 of 8

I use wax paper to do my flood work on. I made a plaque saying (in my pics, breast cancer cake) with flood work and had my saying underneath wax paper. I did it days before I used it and it peeled of really easy from the wax paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%