Silhouette Machine & Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By Dreme Updated 3 Nov 2011 , 9:49pm by linedancer

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone tried to cut out petals for gumpaste flowers using their silhouette machine? Are there already templates out there? If so where?

This is just an idea I had. I really want to get the machine as soon as the Cameo cake version has a purchase. I'm already thinking of things that I will no longer have to cut by hand or buy cutters for.

3 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 4

This can work. If you already have the cutters, cut what ever it is out of dark gum paste or fondant, scan it into your computer. Take the scan into studio, trace it around the edge. There you have your template. You can re- size them to any size you need.

If you have books that have templates in it, you can do the same thing, scan the images, trace around them. I see you are waiting on the cameo, do you already have an SD??

When you get ready to try, pm me if you want/need help. BTW, you also need to order the deep cut blade and housing from Linda McClure..she might also have the cameo at a good price. HTH

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 4

I don't have the SD as soon as I learned of it I heard the Cameo was coming out. I will be purchasing mine from Linda, but currently there is no page to purchase it up yet. Just waiting.

Can you use photoshop with the cameo? I already have some things outlined and ready. Just need to find more petal templates as I don't have many.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 4

Photoshop Elements works with Studio which is the software that comes with the Silhouette SD. I will assume, and you know that can sometimes icon_redface.gif you, that it will work with the Cameo, which I believe uses the same software.

I think you will have to bring your PS files into studio, I do not know of any way to cut the files from PS. If someone else does, please chime in..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%