Cupcake/cookie Decorating Parties

Business By Lenette Updated 2 Nov 2011 , 3:26pm by SweetDreamsBoutique

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone here had success offering decorating parties for birthdays? I think it would be a nice additional revenue stream since I have the space at the shop and it would be unique for the area. I am researching other local options and those price points.

If you have any insight for me I would appreciate it icon_smile.gif

ETA: I tried to search on here but I'm getting the "no posts match" message but I'm pretty sure I've seen the topic on here.

2 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 3

I learned how to decorate by taking classes at a cake decorator's shop. It's been a while, but I think she offered six sessions, two hours each. She started with borders and lettering, did a couple sessions of different types of piped flowers, one on transferring images to cakes and decorating, as well as doing 3D icing figures. I honestly don't remember what she charged. There were five of us who took the classes. She now teaches decorating classes thru a local community college.

I would thik you could make this work for you. You would have to figure out what you wanted to teach, how much you would need to charge, and decide on a minimum & maximum number of students per session.

Good luck!

SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 3

I would like to know about this too. There's a shop nearby that does cupcake decorating birthday parties. Not sure what they charge, but will definitely check it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%