How To Get Flat Cupcakes?

Baking By tarabara Updated 31 Oct 2011 , 1:53am by lilcakebaker

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 8

I've read a few things about how to get a nice dome on cupcakes...if I want to get flat tops to the cupcakes is there a trick to it? Mine always end up domed and I don't want these cuppies to be too tall. Thanks![/img]

7 replies
skeet1zp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skeet1zp Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 8

Try three tablespoons of batter. That should give you a perfectly flat cupcake. Make sure the tablespoons are not "heaping". Level the batter out a little.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 8

Try baking at 325 degrees - I think that might help as well.

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet1zp

Try three tablespoons of batter. That should give you a perfectly flat cupcake. Make sure the tablespoons are not "heaping". Level the batter out a little.

I agree. I have a 3 tablespoon ice cream scoop that I use sometimes. It's a little less full so they usually come out pretty flat. I like a taller, more full cupcake so I use my 1/4 cup measure (4 tablespoons).

SaltCakeCity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaltCakeCity Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 8

I'm with msulli10. For flat cupcakes, I bake 15 degrees lower and a few minutes longer. That usually keeps them very flat. Happy caking!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 8

Try preheating your oven 325 degrees & bake on middle rack

HTH

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 12:23am
post #7 of 8

Thanks, guys! The cupcake toppers I made are tall enough that I'm worried my usual cupcakes won't fit on the tiers of the cupcake stand I got when it's all assembled. I appreciate the help!

lilcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 1:53am
post #8 of 8

Well, I heard somewhere to make sure all of your stuff is at room temp before you mix it together...it worked for me icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%