Gelatin Bubbles To Form An Arch Over Cake

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 25 Oct 2011 , 4:33pm by diamondsmom

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 5

will be doing a cake for my sister in December for her annual business gala event. she does party planning/decorating. she wants a balloon looking arch over a 2-3 tier cake but made out of gelatin bubbles. Does anyone know how to go about undertaking this.

thanks.

4 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 5

well sweetflowers from here has a great demo. Do a search on gelatine bubbles on here and I'm sure you will find a thread with the link.

I would create the bubbles and then glue them together with either some RI or some more gelatine. There will be a hole in the bottom of each of your bubbles so be sure to attach them with the holes hidden.

I suppose if the arch isn't going to be touching the cake or eaten you could glue them together with super glue. But you'd have to be sure everyone knows not to try to nosh on it.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 5

You may need to build a wire structure to make the arch. Then cover it with fondant and attach the bubbles. This is gonna look awesome!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 5

I've done something similar, except the bubbles were spiraling around the cake. I had to use the wire method mentioned to give enough surface area to touch the bubble to so it would stick. They are very light, but still need some support.

Have fun!

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for the awesome ideas guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%