Fbct?

Baking By rr2sweet Updated 20 Oct 2011 , 6:30pm by rr2sweet

rr2sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rr2sweet Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if anyone has ever done FBCT on cookies or cupcakes? I'm making globe cupcakes for an international dinner at my church and thought it would be easier to copy the globe using the FBCT method and placing it on the cookie instead of royal icing, but didn't know if it will melt on the cook or work at all?

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 12:14pm
post #2 of 4

I've never tried it, but I don't see why it woudn't work. Do you have time to experiment on three or four cookies to see what happens? If the transfer doesn't run all over the place on cakes, why should it do that on a cookie? You might make the transfers a little smaller than the cookie so you have just a little bit of leeway, but the buttercream you use for the outlines should be thick enough to keep the transfer from spreading after thawing.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 4

I can't see why it wouldn't work, but you won't be able to stack or bag the cookies because while the icing will crust once thawed, it would get smushed if you stacked cookies on top of each other.

rr2sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rr2sweet Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 4

Marianna46- I have a few extra cookies and they don't have to be done until saturday so maybe I will practice on a few just to make sure and I was planning on make them smaller just in case. Thanks for the advice
TexasSugar- Thanks for letting me know not to stack or bag them cause they would probably all get ruined if I did!
Thank you both for the advice! icon_biggrin.gif
btw I meant globe cookies instead of cupcakes but you both realized that lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%