Last Minute Rich Fruit Cake For A Wedding!! In Uk

Decorating By shelbell2482 Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 4:31pm by zetasilver

shelbell2482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbell2482 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 4

Hi guys

I have been asked to make a 12" and 9" wedding cake for next week, I have no rich fruit cakes made up in advance and my local stockist of ready made rich fruit cake are out of stock.

I read somewhere that by making the cakes up as normal and freezing the cakes for 1-2 days that it helps with maturing the cake after only a few days? As i have never tried this I don't know whether to do it or not.

I don't want to waste the ingredients I have bought and are at a loss for what to do.

Does anyone know if a tried and tested recipe (Baring in mind I am in the UK guys - gms not cups etc) that tastes as though it's matured? Or any tips you can give me? x x

Desperatley awaiting your responce (pulling my hair out actually!!)

RESCUE ME!!!!!!!

3 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 4

I have heard about the freexing, but someone said that it doesnt do much difference to the taste. One of my friends uses sherry instead of brandy and she swears by it, maybe that would be something to try?

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 4

I believe there is a Hairy Bikers recipe for a fruit cake that doesn't need to be matured, but i don't have the recipe.

zetasilver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zetasilver Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 4

How about a boiled fruit cake... the fruit is boiled not the whole cake... dark and moist, tastes great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%