Help With Sizing Please!

Decorating By jpaglts Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 1:27pm by jpaglts

jpaglts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpaglts Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make a stacked gift boxes cake for 30 ppl with flowers and a bow n top. I am confused on what size square cakes to make. I have 7 in, 9in, and 11 in pans. Would a 7in and 9 in be enough if they are about 4 to 4 1/2 in high each? And if so is it going to rinky dinky being so small? help! I have attached the cake idea the person gave me. She wants the second and bottom tiers. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

EDIT: for some reason it is not adding the pic so here is the link to it....
http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/hy.....-08-09.htm

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 3

Square pans are the easiest to compute servings. Since a standard serving is 1 X 2 X 4" tall, you simply multiply one side by 1/2 side.

a 7" square yields, 7 X 3 = 21 servings
a 9" square yields, 9 X 4 = 36 servings
an 11" square yields 11 x 5 = 55 servings.

Your 9" pan BY ITSELF will provide enough servings. If you customer wants a 2 tier cake, they would have to pay for more servings. You don't give them more cake for free just because they like the look of a 2 tier cake.

jpaglts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpaglts Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much for your reply! It's not a costumer so I'm not worried about the price since it is a gift for a friend. I am just worried about it being enough to feed them and the look of it. But thanks anyway because I didn't know that equation! At least I know now that it will be enough to feed them. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%