First Rkt...help?

Decorating By lepmer Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 6:41pm by imagenthatnj

lepmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepmer Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 5:59am
post #1 of 3

It's that time of the year again...the time my type A personality emerges and I plan a cake for my child that takes a ton of time and effort. This year is Tangled and I'm planning on using RKT for the tower. I've never done anything with RKT before so any words of wisdom would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif I was going to form the tower with a dowel running through the middle - is this overkill? Would you form as much of it as possible and then carve or just get a general shape and carve? I'm doing it a week in advance...just in case!

Thanks!

Michelle

2 replies
Momofjaic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momofjaic Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 3

I did a tangled cake for my daughter for her birthday this year and tried to do rkt for the base of the tower and could not get them to get hard enough to hold the cake even with dowels. So I went to lowes and got a 4in pipe and covered it with fondant. I wish I could post a pic of it but I can't get any pictures to load if you pm me I can email you a picture of it. It was a 8in round two layer cake I did use RKT for the roof I put them in the Wilton doll pan for the shape hope this helps.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%