Help Please!!!

Decorating By IrishTorte Updated 12 Oct 2011 , 7:24pm by SomethingSweetCC

IrishTorte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IrishTorte Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 6

I have a mickey mouse hat cake for a 1 year old birthday party... used half a small sports ball pan for the head and two small styrofoam cut outs for the ears all covered in mmf and then I spraypainted them black... I put one of the ears in and the cake underneath went to mush and isn't holding that ear up... any suggestions on what I can do to prop it up so that it holds and doesn't smoosh the cake even more underneath the fondant??? I thought maybe I could pipe icing down that hole and then try to put the stick back in again and hope it holds?? I just don't want to have to make a whole new one if I don't have to just for one silly ear.... ughh... help?!?!?

5 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 6

Stick some skewers into the the ears and push that into the cake. That way the ears are resting on the skewers and not the cake.

IrishTorte Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 6

I already have a long sucker stick in the ear... maybe I should put two

pieceofcaketx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcaketx Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 6

Insert a straw into the cake, cut it to length so it it just below the cake and not visible and then put the stick into the straw. This way the weight of the ear is on the straw and not the cake.

IrishTorte Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 6

Great idea... thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

SomethingSweetCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetCC Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 6

If that doesn't work you can always make the ears out of gum paste cut into a sort of tear drop shape and use the pointed part into the care. I did that with my Minnie Mouse cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%