11-11-11 Birthday Cake

Decorating By dlcamp Updated 30 Oct 2011 , 7:38pm by infinitsky

dlcamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlcamp Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to make a birthday cake for a friend's brother's birthday on 11-11-11. The family is trying to make it really fun. Some of the gift ideas are a dozen donuts (minus one), eleven golf balls, etc.

Anyone have any good ideas for a birthday cake? It doesn't have to be very big either.

7 replies
2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 1:59am
post #2 of 8

Oh Wow! Im gonna have to watch this post and see what the Amazing cakers come up with!!!!

Heck all I can think of is the border being 11, this color, 11 another color...??? 11 balloons BC Transfer, just items with only 11 thinks, but small enough that they all fit....

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 6:57am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2txmedics

Oh Wow! Im gonna have to watch this post and see what the Amazing cakers come up with!!!!

Heck all I can think of is the border being 11, this color, 11 another color...??? 11 balloons BC Transfer, just items with only 11 thinks, but small enough that they all fit....

'Turn it up to eleven...' icon_twisted.gif I hope it's not his eleventh birthday. icon_lol.gif

The first idea that came to my mind is a round cake with 11 colorful 11s - fondant numbers - as 2txmedics said (border) or attached to the sides. 11 round birthday minicakes made of fondant (matching colors of the border) with small 11s on the top of each one. Slightly too many 11s...

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 10:23am
post #4 of 8

I can see an offset stacked three tier block cake... think the blocks you played with as a kid that had a colored letter on one side and then all the other sides had another letter, like the cakes that spell out B.A.B.Y. On each side facing the front, a different colored/patterned eleven. On the other sides, eleven of the same pattern, 11 polka dots, 11 stripes, 11 triangles, 11 stars, etc. You could make it as big or little as you want, the patterns intricate to match the brother's favorite things or as simple. Then put 11 fondant/gumpaste candles on the top.

HTH

MaryKatherine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryKatherine Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 8

How cute! Maybe stack three 11 cut out number cakes with one upside down, one sideways, one in typical fashion. Then use colorful 11's to decorate.

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 8

I too have just recd a query for this date...they want to do something with the date......boy is about 17 -18 years.....am totally blank.....any suggestions are welcome..............please helpppppppppppppp....

thanks
Judith

DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 8

Just googled 11 and it lead me to wiki.

Some interesting things:
11 players for a soccer/football team
Ocean's Eleven
11 pipers pipping
Apolla 11
11 Apostles

They have the grid in the math section that show
11X1=11, 11+0=11, 11-0=11, 11/1=11.
That would be cute on the blocks the previous poster mentioned as a small element on a big cake.

For a boy you could do a ton of sports stuff: players who wore 11, teams who have 11 titles, team who won the 11th title (Super Bowl 11, World Series 11, Stanley Cup 11). St. Louis Cardinals just won their 11th World Series!

Lot more ideas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11_(number)

Good Luck and please let us know what you do!

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 7:38pm
post #8 of 8

This other post has good suggestions by CCers on the same subject.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7227137-.html#7227137

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%