Wedding Cake Tiered Alternating Ribbon Look & Swirl Pat

Decorating By designsbydawn Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 11:55pm by designsbydawn

designsbydawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydawn Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 12

I have a design for a wedding cake but wanted input from others. I wanted to do a 4 tier square cake alternating layers using the ribboned look(with layers of wrapped thin ribbons) and layers of swirl patterns. has anyone done a cake like this? I am a visual person and have been unable to find a pic of something similar to this to see how it looks here is a pic of a ribboned cake similar to what I am wanting to do. I would have 2 layers ribboned and 2 layers with swirls alternated and stacked. If you have pics of cakes done similar to this I would appreciate seeing them. thanks!

11 replies
designsbydawn Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 12

well I can't get the pic to upload!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 12

this works if you want to put it in your post!

You can use tinypic.com to add pictures to your post. It is really easy... just go to that website and upload your image. Once that is complete it will take you to a page with different "share this image" codes... copy the IMG code and paste into your post. Viola your picture should appear!

designsbydawn Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 12

thanks so much! that was very easy!

Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 12

What do you think?

I love photoshop!!

designsbydawn Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks so much for taking time to do that! Seeing it makes me think it may not go together. Maybe I can just alternate with the wrapping ribbon on two tiers and then leave 2 tiers white with the ribbon just at the base. Thanks again!

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 8:27pm
post #7 of 12

@nice job, the 3rd tier from botton looks too busy, it would look great with 1 less ribbon on 3rd tier, otherwise looks good.

designsbydawn Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 12

I agree it looks too busy. Maybe if I didn't add the dots on the layers with ribbon it would make it look less busy.

Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 12

I also think it looks too busy. But in addition I think the two styles kinda clash. Individually they are both beautiful.

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 9:20pm
post #10 of 12

I love the 2 styles but the ribbon needs to be thinner and you can still add the dots but put them further apart, I wish i had photoshop to show you.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 9:57pm
post #11 of 12

Both designs are beautiful and I like them a lot, just not together. But that is just my opinion.

designsbydawn Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 11:55pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks for the input! I agree it's too busy and I am going for something elegant but simple. I think I will go with the ribbon look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%