Topsy Turvy-Quick Question Please :o)

Decorating By puddles_gal Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 4:44am by KoryAK

puddles_gal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puddles_gal Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:06am
post #1 of 5

I am making a 2 tier topsy turvy cake for this weekend. The bottom tier is 10" and the top tier is 6." It is an Alice in wonderland themed cake, and I will be making a tea pot out of rice krispy treats- I would like this to sit on a bit of angle on top of the 6" cake, but I am wondering how I would go about doing that so everything is still properly supported? If anyone has any suggestions, I would so greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

4 replies
shawnteel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shawnteel Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:22am
post #2 of 5

hummmm lets see if I can explain this without sounding confusing... You want cut the top of both tiers at an angle then cut a spot that is flat for your 6" to rest in your 10" (so it is actually sitting flat but it appears to be at an angle) then you put your supports in it just like you would a normal tiered cake. Hope that helps!

puddles_gal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puddles_gal Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:24am
post #3 of 5

Lol-yes, I so understand how to put the topsy turvy tiers together-I'm just wondering how I put the tea pot on top so it is tilted and will stay in place? Thank you! icon_surprised.gif)

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:34am
post #4 of 5

just tilt it at the angle you want and put a skewer in it.....you could add a wee bit of melted chocolate as well for a little added support....this is how I would do it....just be sure the teapot is together sturdy

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:44am
post #5 of 5

When I have done this design in the past, I just took the mold that I made the teacup on (bowl or something - just because it's sturdier) and made an indent in the cake. I then attached the teacup with a little chocolate and/or royal in the divot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%