Any Project Runway Fans???

Lounge By cakelady2266 Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 12:54pm by Karen421

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 60

Project Runway is one of my favorite shows. Are there any other fans here? Who is you favorite designer this season? Who do you think will win?

59 replies
Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 60

I am a huge Project Runway fan - I've watched every season! It's my favorite show. This year, I don't have a real favorite, although I'm amazed by Anya and her ability to create fashion with so little experience. I think that she or Viktor will probably win. I'm looking forward to the all-star season that is coming up, too!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:31am
post #3 of 60

I really liked Anthony Ryan, but since he gone, I think Kimberly is talented. icon_smile.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:41am
post #4 of 60

I'm completely addicted but I don't have a favorite this season, yet. I've liked some stuff from most of them and disliked stuff from all of them. I have a clear and definite UNfavorite, though icon_smile.gif.

cakelady2266 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:54am
post #5 of 60

I've been a die hard fan since the second season. My most favorite season was the one with, Laura, Uely, Michael, and Jeffery as the finalist. I missed the first couple episodes this season and haven't caught the reruns yet. I didn't have a clear favorite until last week, Anya. She accomplished so much with very little sewing experience. I like Viktor's work, but after last episode I don't care for him personally. Kimberly is talented too. I predict Kimberly, Viktor and Anya go to fashion week. I was real surprised to see Bert hang in there this long. I thought whey would hate his work last week.

Karen421 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:06am
post #6 of 60

Bert is an interesting person, his designs aren't bad, and the judges seem to really like him. I don't see him going to the finals though. If you remember Chris March, he has his own show that is starting tonight called Mad Fashion.

cakelady2266 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:27am
post #7 of 60

Oh I remember Chris, he was a hoot. I'll check that out. And Kayne Gillaspie has some air time doing some wedding/beauty contest thing, it may have been a special instead of a series. I also enjoyed Tim Gunn's show. I can't wait until the project run all stars comes on, when is that?

Karen421 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:39am
post #8 of 60

Thursday - November 3rd. That one will be really interesting a bunch of my favorites will be on! Michael Costello, Mondo, Austin and a bunch more. icon_biggrin.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:52am
post #9 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelady2266

My most favorite season was the one with, Laura, Uely, Michael, and Jeffery as the finalist.

Me, too, cakelady, and Laura was my favorite. I was very disappointed that she didn't win.

cakelady2266 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 2:37am
post #10 of 60

Thanks karen421 I'm marking it on my calendar and yes it should be interesting. There are coming out with Project Accessories too. Not sure if that would be my cup of tea.

Elcee....I loved Laura, I so wanted her to win so bad. Her design were classy and well made. But it seems the judges only think about fashion for the 20 something crowd. I was disappointed that Jeffery won, but his designs were geared for the younger crowd.

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 3:20am
post #11 of 60

If Mondo is on the all-star show, then I can't wait to see it. His stuff was a little "out there", but I appreciated his talent!

cakelady2266 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:32am
post #12 of 60

Crazyforcupcakes....I can't put his face and name together. Which season was he on? I wonder how they picked the all stars...I'm guessing it wasn't any of the finalist that went to fashion week.

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:04pm
post #13 of 60

Mondo actually was one of the ones that made it to fashion week - I'm thinking it was the last season, and I think he came in second. He's the little geeky guy with glasses that revealed his HIV status while on the show. He made some crazy things, but they were always well made and creative. I looked up the all-star show online, and saw that Heidi, Tim and the regular judges won't be on the show. That's disappointing!

Karen421 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:32pm
post #14 of 60

WOW - your right Crazyforcupcakes! icon_eek.gif I'm not sure what that will be like? I wonder why?? Here is a link:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars

cakelady2266 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:39pm
post #15 of 60

I don't know what it will be like either. I kinda like having the whole crew together for all-stars. I'm gonna check out the link and see who's in and who's out.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 5:08am
post #16 of 60

I was so glad to see Oliver go home...
He didn't like making clothes for real women - he said he didn't like women with boobs or hips, or for anyone else to have an opinion on anything of his.

cakelady2266 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 1:09pm
post #17 of 60

Oliver was a little on the unusual side, I was glad to see him go. He was in his own bubble and needed to stay there. Did you notice how he was cringed up and was covering his ears in the rock band challenge?

cakelady2266 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 1:19pm
post #18 of 60

Okay now that I know there are some Project Runway fans here I just have to know......

Which is your favorite season? Least favorite?

What is you all time favorite episode? Least favorite?

Who is you all time favorite designer? Least favorite?

Karen421 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 3:21pm
post #19 of 60

I was glad to see Oliver go, I don't think he is living in the real world! Most people are not built like models, and if he wants to sell his designs then he needs a reality check.

Oh that's a hard question, because each season, there are so many good ones!
I know I didn't like Gretchen Jones who beat Mondo. I did not like her attitude and the way she treated Michael Costello. But each season there are so many good ones!

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 5:47pm
post #20 of 60

Karen, I didn't like Gretchen, either! I thought Mondo should have won. It would be hard for me to pick a favorite season, although I have to admit that this season is NOT one of my favorites. Not sure why - I'm not really attached to any one designer and I haven't been that crazy about some of the challenges. I still love the show, though!

Karen421 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 9:03pm
post #21 of 60

I think I like Kimberly or Anya, and watch one of them will leave tonight! LOL

cakelady2266 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 3:47am
post #22 of 60

Well Bert's out, he just seemed to give up on this challenge. I figured he would bite the dust with those butt ugly bubble pants a few challenges back. I was way surprised Kimberly was able to put anything together. And to top it off it looked better than Viktor's. That whole Joshua thing is old for me. And I was kinda concerned when Anya sent her second look down the runway. I didn't know there was going to be the after the runway show. Where was Laura during that?

I'm not very impressed by this season either. The judges don't seem to be as tough as usual. I really think the show was better when it was on Bravo.

I loved season 3 the very best. Laura Bennett was my favorite designer fashion wise. But I really loved Michael Knight too. Not sure which was my favorite show but I loved the episode with the transvestites, it was hilarious. I hated the one in season 3 when they had to design for each others mothers. Vincent was such an ass.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 5:27am
post #23 of 60

I'm so tired of Anya sewing the models into the clothes.
For heaven sake how hard is it to put in a frigging zipper?!

Karen421 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:23pm
post #24 of 60

I was kinda of sad to see Bert go, but I don't know who else - Laura? Anya's dress was nice, but I understand Joshua's frustration with her sewing the model into it. Yeah Kimberly!!! Way to pull it out!

I always liked Laura Bennett, but on that after show, she seemed like a real witch to Joshua. Not sure if that's suppose to be her character on that, but I think it was over the top, bring his mother into it.

cakelady2266 was it Vincent or Jeffery that caused the problem with the Mom in that "'design a dress for a Mom" challenge?

cakelady2266 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 6:16pm
post #25 of 60

Oh crap it was Jeffery in that episode Karen421, he hated Angela and he had her mom. Vincent actual won that episode.

I think there was a lot of back story in the after show. Laura must write a blog and apparently she must have made some assessment about Joshua. I'm not real sure what was written but he knew about it. I knew really heard exactly what Laura had said about his mom? I don't think the after show turned as well as the producers may have expected.

Correct me if I'm wrong but on the first several seasons weren't the designers keep from the internet, magazines, and t.v., so nobody could get a leg up on a design idea?

Karen421 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 6:32pm
post #26 of 60

Ok am I a geek or what!

Jeffery actually won that season. That was the season Laura Bennett accused him of having someone else sew his clothes, in the runway show. In one of the early seasons a women actually blogged or talked to a reporter after she was off the show and made comments about Tim Gunn and he called her on it on the reunion show. It might have been in Season 2 (Victory or Vanessa cant remember) (scary that I remember that much! LOL)

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 7:04pm
post #27 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelady2266

Correct me if I'm wrong but on the first several seasons weren't the designers keep from the internet, magazines, and t.v., so nobody could get a leg up on a design idea?

They probably still are. This part of the show would be filmed ahead of time, because they have like 6 weeks or three months or what ever the time frame between when the finalist are announced and they do fashion week.

cakelady2266 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 7:57pm
post #28 of 60

I still don't think Jeffery really sewed all his clothes for fashion week. I liked his clothes least of all though out the season. I think my idea of "fashion" must be a lot different than the judges.

I just remembered Jeffery being allowed to call his son on Father's Day. I thought is was weird you didn't see them calling home much. And Keith got kicked off the show on season 3 for having fashion magazines in his room. So that was why I was thinking they weren't allowed access to the internet and stuff during the competition. That was why I was wondering about Joshua reading Laura's blog on the internet during the competition. I figured the after show last night was filmed while the actual regular season was still going on, maybe not.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 8:27pm
post #29 of 60

I think the filming is over myself. They were referencing comments that were made in the interviews on past episodes by each other that they wouldn't have 'seen' during the show.

According to this, Fashion week happened at the first of September....

http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2011/09/project-runway-season-9-finale.html

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 10:28pm
post #30 of 60

All of the final 9 designers showed collections at Fashion Week to throw people off. They do it every year. Check out www.tomandlorezno.com for the best Project Runway blog.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%