Epson Printer

Decorating By martii01 Updated 30 Sep 2011 , 4:38am by icingimages

martii01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martii01 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 3:02am
post #1 of 6

Hello to all,

i have an epson printer and it is practically new as is the edible ink i purchased from kopykake.... however i have only been able to use it about 5 times and i have had it for about 2 years because it goes through it's can't read/recognize cartridges phase and after about 2 days of me messing with it, I give up and have to change my cake idea...... please i need some help, or does anyone have this problem, i'm about to dump this almost 300 dollar printer and purchase a new one... thank you in advance

5 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 6

I am so sorry you are having these issues. It breaks my heart to know that most likely you will have to dump the printer. If this printer has been sitting for about 2 years unused and it is an epson, chances are in the best case scenerio you will spend more then what a new one is worth in trying to get it to work. Which epson is it, I may be able to help, but it is only a slim chance. I apologize, I hate telling you this.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 6

I personally would call koypkake and ask them for help. They have always been so nice to me with any problems. A guy named milton is very nice. They will lead you to the right person to help you. Do exactly what they tell you to do and you will probably get back on track. I had this problem the other month, i had written down the advice from before . so i fixed it myself. took me a little while. The edible ink is the reason it say it won,t recognize it. You have to just keep on doing it and it will finall accept. But since it has been so long since you used it, you will have to go thru the cleaning process. I try now to print something on mind even though i don,t need to. I read this also on c/c.hth

icingimages Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 6

What I am concerned with is the amount of time the printer has sat unused. I agree with icer, try calling them first, but be very leary about spending any money on the printer since it sat so long.

martii01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martii01 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for responding the printer is the epson stylus NX410, i was afraid to hear i might have to dump it but i figured as much, if you can give me some pointers that would be great if not i will try calling kopykake as icer said icon_smile.gif but i would rather spend money on a new reliable printer then spend money on this one that still may not work........ thanks again

icingimages Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 4:38am
post #6 of 6

Iced is right. It is at least worth the try and give them the chance to rectify it. If you can't get it running and you feel that you are ready to commit to at least once a week printing then look to purchase a printer. I just posted under my forum a detailed post about choosing an edible printer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%