Lorran's Flavors

Baking By szakacs Updated 27 Sep 2011 , 2:30pm by inspiredbymom

szakacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
szakacs Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 4

How do I use Lorrans?? If I am putting it in buttercream would I sub the vanilla for a dram of the flavor, or will that make it too strong?? As well with baking a cake???
Thank you
I have just found out about them, and am excited to try!!!

3 replies
heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 4

I have found that some flavors of the Lorann are stronger than others and thus take different amounts. Also, some flavors are best to compliment a natural component. For instance, the strawberry flavor is a little artificial unless you add some strawberry concentrated juice or seedless jam. Also, the flavors tend to intensify over time so it is best to make your butter cream in advance and let it sit for a few hours and then go back and adjust the amount of extract.

I do not completely eliminate the vanilla in most instances when using the addition of the Lorann Oils unless the flavor is in the opposite spectrum such as Key Lime. In that instance, I use key lime zest and a bit of key lime juice as my liquid and then some of the key lime extract.
HTH

szakacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
szakacs Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 4

thank you,that hepls a lot!!!!!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 4

I had a customer wanting to order Lorann oils the other day. I called my rep and spoke to her about it. She told me that you use it 3 to 1. If your recipe calls for 1 tsp of regular flavor, you would use 1/4 tsp of Lorann's. I also agree with the other poster, let it set and then try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%