Fondant Covered Cake

Decorating By Newbiecakemom Updated 25 Sep 2011 , 11:05pm by Newbiecakemom

Newbiecakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbiecakemom Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 4

AFTER I LIGHTLY ICED AND THEN CHILLED MY CAKE I COVERED IT IN FONDANT. MY PROBLEM IS THAT NO MATTER WHAT I TRY THE BUTTER CREAM IN BETWEEN LAYERS LOOKS EITHER LIKE A BUMP ALL THE WAY AROUND OR AS IF ITS CAVING IN ALL THE WAY AROUND THE SIDES OF THE CAKE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED TO CHILL THE CAKE, I CHILLED THE ICING, I SMOOTHED IT ALL AROUND MAKEING SURE IT LOOKS EVEN IN EVERY ANGLE BUT ONCE THE FONDANT GOES ON THE SIDE WALLS LOOK LUMPY (ONLY IN THE MIDDLE IN BETWEEN THE LAYERS) AND I ALSO HAVE AIR POCKETS IN BETWEEN THE CAKE AND FONDANT. I SPEND MOST OF MY TIME SMOOTHING BUT THERE IS NO CHANGE. ***SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!*** WHAT SHOULD I TRY?

3 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 4

I can possibly help; 1) please do not write in all capitals as it is considered yelling. Thank you. 2) Now for the problem you are asking about. Many have had the same problem and what was suggested was to put weight on the top of the cake to help everything settle. I forget who told this but they said they use an inexpensive ceramic tile, about 12 inches or so on top of the cake. You can put plastic wrap across the top and set the tile on top and this will help weigh down and secure all fillings and icing in the cake.
evelyn

Newbiecakemom Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much, i never thought of trying that. I'm definitely going to try that on tonights test cake. Sorry about the capitals, I used my spns laptop icon_redface.gif it was already on. Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Newbiecakemom Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 4

*my sons laptop*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%