Winter Wonderland

Decorating By tracieduran Updated 27 Sep 2011 , 1:56am by Bluehue

tracieduran Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracieduran Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 11:13am
post #1 of 8

I am in need of some inspiration cake makers! I am making a cake for winter wonderland theme but I am not getting any good ideas. I have tried a few things out but I am not happy with them. Can any of you give me any ideas that i can play with.

Thanks

T

7 replies
shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 8

I can't wait for winter to get closer so I can start doing Christmas/winter cakes!! I have SO many ideas. Could you do something like the Polar Express mountain scene with the train going around it? (not sure if you've seen the movie or not) Or you could do a giant iceburg with penguins and igloos? I once saw a cake - and I wish I could find a picture of it but I can't! - but it was a two-tiered cake and on the top they made a gingerbread house covered in snow with Christmas trees, a small patch of ice, lights, icy windows, etc... it was BEAUTIFUL! I might have to attempt it this year. Anyways, hope some of those ideas sparked something for you! icon_biggrin.gif

jeartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeartist Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 8

Just checked my saved photos for a winter wedding cake I saw recently but, alas, I didn't save it. The decorator used piping gel and then covered the fondant with some sort of clear sugar sparkles, white and silver dragees of all different sizes. It gave a gorgeous snowy effect that just sparkled. If I can find it, I'll post.

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 8

I have not done a winter cake but I am so excited for the holidays. I am thinking of snow and penguins and snow men and Christmas trees and so much more.

jeartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeartist Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 8
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 8

I made two winter themed cakes last year. They are similar in theme as a really Christmas-y cake was not wanted. I did learn one thing, though, melted Jolly Rancher candies were not the best choice for a pond. (I found the tip here on CC, but when I did it---it ended up looking like algae. icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1543226
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1534952

Jan

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 1:56am
post #8 of 8

The only *winter theme* cake i have done was this one...
http://manywhitebowls.blogspot.com/search/label/WHITE%20SNOWFLAKES%20-%20WINTER%20THEME

An explosion of Snowflakes as well as glass beads and diamontes mixed in amongst the snowflakes....Then had snowflakes tumbling down over the cake and cake stand.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%