9.23.11 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By catlharper Updated 25 Sep 2011 , 6:33am by catlharper

eringm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eringm Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 3:53am
post #31 of 97

Just coloring gumpaste for some roses I will start making this week. What is the best way to store them once they are dry? The wedding is not until October 22 but I want to get a start on them.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 3:59am
post #32 of 97

I, personally, like cupcake containers...you know, the plastic clamshell type? I put in tissue paper to cushion the flowers and then shut the top. It's not airtight so the humidity doesn't make the gumpaste wilt but they are covered so they don't get dirty/dusty either. I can then stack them after that for easy storage.

Cat

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:00am
post #33 of 97

12 regular cupcakes and as many minis are left over for a friends Komen 3D fundraiser tomorrow.
Plus I'm working on prep prep prep for a 4 tier cake for a corporate 25 anniversary due on Tuesday. It's DH's company and I've been busting butt on all the little details. Tonight I made ALL of my frosting. I've been working on fondant decos and logos for days. I am stressed only about this being my first time using fondant decos on wires. I've had them on the wires for a couple of days and I have my litttle mini straws to stick them in. Wish me luckicon_smile.gif

Eringf, I store my gumpaste roses in a simple gift box, like for christmas. I usually line it in wax or parchement paper and stack them up. I put paper towels between them for cushioning.

sillywabbitz Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:01am
post #34 of 97

duplicate

sillywabbitz Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:02am
post #35 of 97

duplicate

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:02am
post #36 of 97

just finished 2 cakes both 2 tier, 50th anniversary and 1st birthday. Done until tomorrow now. Have a meeting with a coffee shop here to provide their desserts, so will make up samples or them. Keeping my fingers crossed icon_smile.gif

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:08am
post #37 of 97

I've got an awesome cake to make for OCT... A haunted house!! I'm super excited! I love Halloween

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:18am
post #38 of 97

GeezLouise, I'm still cutting these %#*@( flowers.

leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:19am
post #39 of 97

leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:20am
post #40 of 97

leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:21am
post #41 of 97

catlharper Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:27am
post #42 of 97

Leah, I've never used wafer paper before...how is it to work with? I tak it that the cricut isn't having fun with it?

Cat

leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:27am
post #43 of 97

catlharper Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:28am
post #44 of 97

Leah, I've never used wafer paper before...how is it to work with? I tak it that the cricut isn't having fun with it?

Cat

leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:28am
post #45 of 97

catlharper Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:29am
post #46 of 97

Cat

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:30am
post #47 of 97

Leah, I just got one of the Cricut cake machines. Hadn't thought of using wafer paper in it! Which flowers work well for this? (Are some too finely detailed or not fine enough?)

catlharper Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:30am
post #48 of 97

Cat

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:31am
post #49 of 97

I am ust about to pull a last minute 2 tier out of the oven ~ and by last minute, I mean tdue tomorrow!! Before you all frost my butt for taking this order, you've gotta here this story.

I am the event coordinator at a country club. We are hosting a 50th class reunion this weekend. i get a call today from a lady in Nashville. Her husband was a graduate in this class and i guess was a pretty big deal. He passed away 2 monthes ago from cancer and she just couldnt bring herself to make the trip. She wanted to do something special for the reunion, sponsor something, order something, etc, she wasnt quite sure what she wanted. She then said "Are they having dessert? Can I order a cake? Can you make a cake?" I immediately said "Actually....in my alter ego life, I have a cake studio and can certainly make a cake!"

So here I sit, waiting for cakes to bake, making icing and decos, and getting ready to get up early to decorate so I can be back at work by 11AM. However, I am super excited to present this surprise cake to the guests tomorrow to honor their classmate. I love when cake represents something so much more!

And (!!!), I found THIS http://www.uvvodka.com/page/show/333797-uv-cake

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:32am
post #50 of 97

I am ust about to pull a last minute 2 tier out of the oven ~ and by last minute, I mean tdue tomorrow!! Before you all frost my butt for taking this order, you've gotta here this story.

I am the event coordinator at a country club. We are hosting a 50th class reunion this weekend. i get a call today from a lady in Nashville. Her husband was a graduate in this class and i guess was a pretty big deal. He passed away 2 monthes ago from cancer and she just couldnt bring herself to make the trip. She wanted to do something special for the reunion, sponsor something, order something, etc, she wasnt quite sure what she wanted. She then said "Are they having dessert? Can I order a cake? Can you make a cake?" I immediately said "Actually....in my alter ego life, I have a cake studio and can certainly make a cake!"

So here I sit, waiting for cakes to bake, making icing and decos, and getting ready to get up early to decorate so I can be back at work by 11AM. However, I am super excited to present this surprise cake to the guests tomorrow to honor their classmate. I love when cake represents something so much more!

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:33am
post #51 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:34am
post #52 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:35am
post #53 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:36am
post #54 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:37am
post #55 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:38am
post #56 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:39am
post #57 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:40am
post #58 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:41am
post #59 of 97

jenng1482 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 4:42am
post #60 of 97

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%