Jennifer Dontz Dvd's

Decorating By Walkinmomma Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 11:58am by JenniferMI

Walkinmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Walkinmomma Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 12:11pm
post #1 of 9

I have been reading wonderful things about her DVD's on fondant. However everything I read indicates her recipies involve purchased fondant. I prefer to use my own-use Michele Foster's recipie. Does this make a difference in her recipies or does she address this? I do not want to spend the money if the DVD is not of value to me!

8 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 9

I havent used her recipe for making the fondant but I liked the dvd as a whole. I would ask her about using homemade fondant and she what she says if someone else doesnt chime in. Her customer service is awesome.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 9

Hi!

Yes, my semi-homemade white chocolate fondant starts with Pettinice fondant. My very best advice is to use the exact same ingredients I do, at least the first time making it. Otherwise, you won't know how it should come out/perform. Then once you see how it is.... branch out trying other brands/ingredients and see if you get the same results. Check out the testimonial section on my site. It will tell you what others think. If I can help more, please don't hesitate to ask for it. The two main ingredients are Pettinice and Mercken's super white chocolate.

Sweet regards,

Jennifer Dontz icon_smile.gif
Sugar Delites

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 9

I have two of her DVD's. She goes over a lot. I have had to refer back to them on several occasions because it is hard to remember everything! One of these days, I'm going to try to make sugar flowers with her DVD's. I just seem to learn better from DVD's instead of just a book.

JenniferMI Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 2:05pm
post #5 of 9

Glad you like the DVD's icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 1:34am
post #6 of 9

I have 2 of her DVDs including the one on making fondant. I used my homemade fondant and added the white chocolate she describes and it turned out well; easy to work with and tasted great. Her method for roses is easy to follow and the roses I made looked beautiful, if I do say so myself; others said so too. icon_smile.gif I'm hoping to purchase her newest one soon. Her customer service is EXCELLENT and she quickly answers e-mails if you have questions. Would love to meet her in person and take classes but I live in GA and she's in MI. Hope that helps.

JenniferMI Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 3:03am
post #7 of 9

Thanks Elaine! You never know where the next class will be. I'll more than likely be in Tampa next year.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 4:30am
post #8 of 9

Just made my first orchids using the new DVD. It is really worth getting. I found it easy to follow and understand. She covers so much more than making the cymbidium orchid. I also loved the fact that everything she uses is available on her website. Sooooooo, I just ordered her fondant dvd icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2159595

JenniferMI Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 11:58am
post #9 of 9

Hi J -

Sooooo happy you liked the orchid DVD! She did make some gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing a picture with me.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%