9 X 13 Cheesecake - Ever?

Baking By CandyLady Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 1:49am by JanetBme

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to torte a 9 x 13 cake and use a 9 x 13 layer of cheesecake in the middle...anyone ever bake a cheesecake in a 9 x 13 pan? I was thinking of maybe a pumpkin spice cake...or apple...ideas? Pat

4 replies
soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 5

Sure! Just make sure you're using a fairly firm cheesecake recipe, don't make it too tall (I'd say 3/4" max, but YMMV). Also, to help with getting it out of the pan, I would line the pan with a parchment "sling" i.e. a long strip coming up the sides of the pan, and hanging over the edge. Actually, I'd do two parchment slings (one going each direction, and I'd probably bake it with a cardboard (cut to fit) in between the two layers of parchment. That would make it REALLY easy to remove the cheesecake layer from the pan (maybe even overkill icon_wink.gif).

So then, once the cheesecake is baked and cooled, simply lift it out of the pan (using the parchment slings), and set down. Then I'd place the bottom layer of cake on top, cover that with a cardboard, and flip the whole thing over. Peel the parchment off of the cheesecake layer, and top with the other layer of cake. thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 11:12am
post #3 of 5

After it is cool, I freeze mine for about 30 minutes for stability in removing it from the pan.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 11:39am
post #4 of 5

thanks much...I have made a ton of cheesecakes and even did wedding cheesecakes but never did one in a 9 x 13 pan to fit between two cake layers. Yes, I agree not to make it too thick but I think it sounds yummy...appreciate your input.

JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 1:49am
post #5 of 5

yes I have, from the whimiscal bakehouse recipes, and from RLB cake bible recipes- those bake up well enough you can even sculpt with them...they are almost cake-like not real creamy.

I put a flower nail in the bottom too! Lol, don't know if it made a difference but the cheese cake worked well enough to carve into an 18 for my daughter.

used the water bath baking method for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%