Strawberry Buttercream

Baking By evans000 Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 9:17pm by evans000

evans000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evans000 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Guys, i buy my BC flavourings from my local cake shop, all the flavours are lovely theyre like a liquid and i only need a couple of drops. Anyway i seem to be getting a lot of orders with strawberry BC so i bought the flavouring and its awful it tastes so fake like candy.

I'm not experienced anough to be adding compote and things like that, any suggestions on a nice tasting strawberry flavour?

Thanks Helen

3 replies
LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 4

I know just what you mean about the Strawberry flavoring...I don't care for it either. How about using a little Strawberry Daq mix(non alcoholic) as your liquid or mixing in some seedless strawberry jam. You can also fill cake with BC and add a thin layer of jam over that. I have done that before and it's very good.

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 4

I do a combination of seedless strawberry jam and the Lorann Oil extract then let it sit for a bit before adjusting for taste and it then tastes just right.

evans000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evans000 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies i'll try those. I do a lot of the strawberry jam and plain BC but when people want cupcakes i cant use the jam.....although i am considering using jam and vanilla BC on my next cupcake order....if it'll work

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%