Coca Cola Cake With Crown Royal Frosting

Baking By weezercakes Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 11:25am by scp1127

weezercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weezercakes Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:19am
post #1 of 8

I have a friend who wants me to make the crown royal cake I have in my photos, and with the party being only adults they want me to make the frosting with crown royal mixed in. I have never added liquor to my frosting before and not sure how to do this. I was also looking for a chocolate coca cola cake recipie and the one I found on here didn't have good feedback. I usually use box cake, but would be willing to do one from scratch if I had to.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:33am
post #2 of 8

I have used both choco and vanilla cake mixes and used cola as the liquid (instead of water).
You could do the same w/your icing - you can't add all that much as it will thin it too much.
The taste is not all the strong but it's thereicon_smile.gif To help give it more 'kick', brush the liquor on the warm cake (like one would simple syrup) also.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:46am
post #3 of 8

The book Sky High has a good chocolate coca cola cake.

http://technicolorkitcheninenglish.blogspot.com/2008/04/chocolate-cola-cake-with-toasted.html

I've made Italian Meringue Buttercream with liquor. About a quarter cup at the end. Not sure what icing you are planning on making.

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:48am
post #4 of 8

I have made rum and vodka frostings just by subbing the liquid called for in my BC with rum or vodka. I think one of the recipes I have called for 4 Tbsp of water, so I just added 4 Tbsp of Rum. It was strong, but not overpowering. It was an American Buttercream (powdered sugar).

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 2:07am
post #5 of 8

I have a coca cola recipe that is very good. I'm not sure how it will turn out for a layered or carved cake. It's meant to be a gooey type of mud cake. (I've only made it in a 9x13 pan). I uploaded the recipe to the recipe section. Here's the link:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/18992/coca-cola-cake

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 2:18am
post #6 of 8

Today I made a champagne buttercream and I didn't want to use the entire 1/4 cup of champagne the recipe called for so what I did was cook the champagne down over medium heat until it reduced down to 2 tablespoons.

Whenever you want to add flavor without all of the liquid, just reduce whatever it is whether it's the cola or champagne etc.

The end result is an intense flavor without all of the liquid that could throw off your recipe.

HTH

weezercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weezercakes Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 8

thank-you for all of the responses, looks like I will be experimenting this weekend. Heres hoping icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 11:25am
post #8 of 8

Bourbon, and only the good stuff, is excellent in desserts, baked and straight. No need to reduce because it packs a ton of flavor in each teaspoon. Open the bottle and immediately smell it. That is the taste that will be in the frosting. Just add a little at a time to taste. I have found that European buttercream can handle 1 tbsp per stick of butter. But you won't need that much.

I have a Coca Cola cake that is excellent. It is lighter in chocolate flavor than a regular chocolate cake. I use the Coca Cola frosting with it, but it would be easy to add the Crown Royal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%