How Much......:-/

Baking By LittleBaker1218 Updated 18 Sep 2011 , 4:59am by ValerieElizabeth

LittleBaker1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBaker1218 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 1:21am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!! I need help...any ideas as to how much I can charge for 150 regular sized cupcakes and for 150 mini cupcakes (charged as separate orders)

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!!!!!

2 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 1:32am
post #2 of 3

It depends on a lot of factors... to begin with how much are your ingredients to produce your orders, how long will it take to decorate them, your supplies needed ie your liners, your clean up supplies etc, Then you have to add in how much you want to make per hour, plus your overhead, ie insurance electricity, plus how much profit to make which is usually 20-30 after you add in all the other.
Honestly we can't tell you how much to charge because no one else knows how much all of those previous things I mentioned cost you. Try running at a minimum your time, ingredients, and 30% of that to see what you come up with. HTH

ValerieElizabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValerieElizabeth Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 4:59am
post #3 of 3

I posted this earlier in another thread, but I think a lot of people forget that they need to try different price points to see what their local market can bear. It's hard for us to give you an exact answer because of not only what 'CakeandPartyGirl' mentioned, but your location as well.

Figure out your costs, get a rough idea of what your competition is charging and throw out a price icon_smile.gif

Let us know if you book it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%