Got An Unexpected Note And Am Patting Myself On My Back :)

Business By hsmomma Updated 20 Sep 2011 , 5:41am by BizCoCos

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:18am
post #1 of 13

Lots of times I get notes from my wedding couples after I create their wedding cake. Sometimes even their moms will send me one or call me. This time I got one from a GUEST of a wedding!! It was just an email...but, it was so appreciated.
I'm clicking and pasting:

I attended the wedding and reception for the Mikels event this past Saturday. I wanted to take a minute and tell you your cake was very, very good, one of the best wedding cakes I have tasted, and it was decorated flawlessly. Good job

A guest.

It was just a brief note but completely made my night. I can't believe a guest took the time to tell me how they loved the cake. Just made me smile and I wanted to share.

12 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:34am
post #2 of 13

That is awesome!!! always nice to be appreciated. Good Job!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:35am
post #3 of 13

That was a nice thing the guest did. I know you are very happy. I,m glad she let you know.

Cakegirl74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl74 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:38am
post #4 of 13

I think this is wonderful! So often we concentrate on sharing the bad stuff, it is very nice to read about something good coming from someone. I am so glad that the guest took the time to do this and made your night and that you decided to share it with us here on CC.

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 2:00am
post #5 of 13

It just was really unexpected. Made me think that I need to be more aware of of when I could make somebody's day like that. Totally out of the blue. I always thank my hairdresser or my kids Dr. for example for a job well done...but, sometimes a note after the fact just can really lift somebody up. Especially when it's unexpected. KWIM?

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 2:03am
post #6 of 13

That's fantastic! Obviously you did a great job! Congrats!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 5:05am
post #7 of 13

thumbs_up.gif

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 6:04am
post #8 of 13

Double thumps up for you! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
Ok, make that a triple.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 12:29pm
post #9 of 13

Great job. It is so nice to hear when someone likes your cake. I supplied the cake for a girlfriend's bridal shower over the weekend. Everyone was coming up to me and telling me how good it was. I was kind of embarrassed but it was nice to hear.

ValerieElizabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValerieElizabeth Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 4:13am
post #10 of 13

Those are awesome moments, aren't they? Great job!

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 4:28am
post #11 of 13

My favorite compliments have been from men about how good they thought my bride's cakes tasted. My motto has always been "A really good cake really tastes as good as it looks!" Most of the time men do not brag on a wedding cake because they think it won't be as good as a "dessert" cake.

It's always nice to hear a compliment, especially when you are not doing it for the money!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 4:55am
post #12 of 13

What a lovely and refreshing post! Thank you for sharing.

If your cakes taste as good as your avatar cake looks--then they must be out of this world!

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 5:41am
post #13 of 13

so nice to hear such a positive note

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%