How Do I Make Tangled Tower Cake??

Decorating By cserr4 Updated 28 Aug 2012 , 8:22am by Crazy-Gray

cserr4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserr4 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 11

Can someone post step by step pics or give me a link on how to make one of those Tangled cakes that have a tower? i've seen people talk about using a pvc pipe or dowels but I just can't picture it. I need to do a tangled cake for nov 12 and need to figure out how to do this kind of cake.

thanks

10 replies
Mplspam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mplspam Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 11

I also have to do a tangled tower cake for the beginning of Nov. I've been doing some research but have not found step by step instuctions. I found some cakes where the tower was done in RKT on top of the cake with Rapunzel next to it, or maybe even in the tower. I think that's going to be my plan of attack. Let me know if you find out instructions anywhere, and good luck!

Luscotti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luscotti Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:08am
post #3 of 11

Well, I bought a long white cone shape styrofoam at hobby Lobby, cut the top inch or so, (enough to make a sturdy base for the next part)and covered in gumpaste/fondant and textured it..let dry....then I got a round plastic bowl with a flat bottom, cut some window shapes and covered in gp/fondant., the sides and bottom only ( I left the top open so that I could place a battery tea light inside)....let dry. For the removable top ,I just cut a round thick piece of gumpaste and added the ice cream cones and then covered with fondant or gumpaste. Decorate as you like. I later inserted a Wilton plastic dowel thru the styrofoam to hold in place in the cake. best part, the girls got to keep the towers as night lights in their rooms. I have two tangled tower pics in my photos. Hope this helps. Have fun!!!

musselmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musselmom Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 2:31am
post #4 of 11

I had to make a Tangled cake a few weeks ago. I used two sheet pans, a small one for the roof and large one for the tower and house. Start by cutting the large sheet pan (11x 15) in half lengthwise. then cut one of the halves in two crosswise. line up the first half ( now 5.5" x 11") and one of the other pieces (5.5"x 6.5"). This is your long "tower". Total length approx. 5 1/2 x 17.5 inches. I turned the remaining piece sideways above the tower for the house. total length now 23 inches. the roof was made with the small sheet pan 7 x 11. Cut in half diagonally and put the two long outside edges together to form the roof shape. Total length is 34 inches.
Sorry if this is too confusing. I'll try to download my picturesof it, wish me luck.

mncwhitely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mncwhitely Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 2:54am
post #5 of 11

I recently made a Tangled cake using a cake I found on cc as inspiration. It was by cakemomma1979. I made the tower out of rkt and fondant. The cake was the base. It was really simple. I just molded rkt around a wooden dowel, painted it with white chocolate and the used fondant to make it look like the tower in the movie and inserted a doll. I came out amazing!

arianka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianka Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 5:19am
post #6 of 11
Mplspam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mplspam Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 11

cserr4 thanks for starting this question. Now I have some great ideas also from all of you. Thank you so much!

cserr4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserr4 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks everyone for your replies. Now can someone who's done one before tell me how you stabilized the cake on top without worrying about it falling over during delivery?? icon_biggrin.gif

katboss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katboss Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 5:39pm
post #9 of 11

I did a tangled tower for my daughters 6th birthday last month. I did use the pvc pipe. I got a piece that would fit snug inside an anchor i had that i screwed to a piece of masonite. I covered the pvc in Rkt and painted on chocolate, let dry then covered in fondant. I ended up making the top of the tower out of sugar wafers. (they worked perfectly and were easy to cut and "glue" together.) I also built the top on another piece of masonite that i screwed a cap to that fit inside the pvc, so when i got it outside I just popped the top on. I only had to carry it out to my yard but it seemed pretty sturdy. don't know if any of this makes sense............ but my daughter loved hers although I saw alot of flaws ; ) good luck
Kat

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 11

Savings this thread! thank you all icon_smile.gif

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 8:22am
post #11 of 11

Have a wee look at this, the last picture is a guide for how I made an edible tower, a few people have PM'd to say they found it useful which is really nice icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2052120/rapunzels-tower-theme-cake-guide

HTH[/url]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%