Cupcakes? Vanilla To Chocolate?

Baking By DebinD Updated 15 Sep 2011 , 1:51am by Bluehue

DebinD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebinD Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 5

I was here last year around this time and I have the most awesome white cake recipe and a chocolate cake recipe that I used. This year I'm making cupcakes and I'm just not sure how they will turn out..will they stick to the paper? can I freeze them ahead successfully?
I'm just looking for a basic 12 cupcakes of each (and I'd love you forever if you had one that make 24 cupcakes that I could start as vanilla cupcakes and then make chocolate -so I'm really just making one batch)

4 replies
DebinD Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone??

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebinD

I was here last year around this time and I have the most awesome white cake recipe and a chocolate cake recipe that I used. This year I'm making cupcakes and I'm just not sure how they will turn out..will they stick to the paper? can I freeze them ahead successfully?
I'm just looking for a basic 12 cupcakes of each (and I'd love you forever if you had one that make 24 cupcakes that I could start as vanilla cupcakes and then make chocolate -so I'm really just making one batch)

I am thinkihg you will be using the recipe you used last year to make the cupcakes - yes?

No reason why they won't turn out perfect.
Can you not do a trial batch first...that way you can gauge the oven temp and time.

If you plan on freezing them - just make sure that the cupcakes are completely cold before you wrap and freeze them - that way the papers will stay in place and not peel away when you thaw them out.

Bluehue.

DebinD Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 12:53am
post #4 of 5

I'm out of time -so I'm just going to wing it. I'm going to try to marble it and add some cocoa/chocolate to the white cake recipe - any thoughts or advice?

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:51am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebinD

I'm out of time - Oh... so I'm just going to wing it. I'm going to try to marble it and add some cocoa/chocolate to the white cake recipe - any thoughts or advice?
Just make sure that if you add Cocoa that you put it through a sieve first - so as you don't end up with any clumps in your batter - and incorporate it so as it doesn't end up being just blobs of chocolate here and there... thumbs_up.gif
Also - remember to adjust your liquid from the main recipe if you are going add melted chocolate to the original recipe...
Adding the melted chocolate i would stir through with a spatular instead of using a mixer - that way you will get the marble effect you are wanting.

Let me know how you got on when you have made them.... icon_smile.gif

Bluehue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%