Why Does My Modeling Chocolate Always Come Out Crumbly????

Baking By preciosa225 Updated 19 Nov 2011 , 5:02am by waggs

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 4:59pm
post #61 of 63

You can use any kind of chocolate/wafers/melts - - it's all basically the same. If you're familiar with real chocolate and real white chocolate, you may need to adjust the amount of syrup to get the stiffness you want, and watch your temperature. I also use chips; that way, I can do the raspberry chocolate and the cinnamon chocolate and peanut butter and butterscotch, etc.

cakeladydenver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladydenver Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 3:35am
post #62 of 63

This is the first time I am attempting to make modeling choc and have been following this string. As I was going to add the corn syrup to the choc, I read the ingredients since I had half of one bottle already open. I noticed that one bottle had WATER as one of the ingredients and the other did not. That one bottle also contained vanillin which also contains water. I'm wondering if that may be causing the crumbling and other problems...Made my modeling choc and so far so good. Will let it rest until tomorrow to start working with it. It does seem to be a little soft even after refrigerating. Hope it firms up so I can make it stand up. This forum is awesome!!!

waggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waggs Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 5:02am
post #63 of 63

I tried to make an open heart to stand on top of the cake,but it never got really hard so that I could stand it up. What did I do wrong?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%