Recipe For Chocolate Beetroot Cake

Baking By MissCakeCrazy Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 1:09pm by MissCakeCrazy

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 10:12am
post #1 of 3

I recently tried a recipe for chocolate beetroot cake but I was very dissapointed with the taste as it had an extremely bitter aftertaste eventhough it was lovely and moist. There are many variations on the internet for this cake, some require golden syrup and grated raw beetroot. I tried the receipe without golden syrup and with cooked pureed beetroot. Has anyone tried the receipe which has golden syrup etc..? Does anyone have a great receipe with beetroot that doesn't have a bitter / strong taste?

2 replies
sillyoldpoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyoldpoohbear Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 10:28am
post #2 of 3

The only one I have ever made I got from the free magazine from Morrisons & you can also find it here http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Food-and-Drink/Recipes/Index/B/Beetroot-chocolate-cake/

I found it to be lovely & moist, with only a slight hint of beetroot taste. I detest betroot in all forms but my db had asked me to make it for him & was surprised when I tried it how nice it was. I must say though that the frosting it it tells you make for it is disgusting. I found that very sickly & sour & frankly a waste of good white chocolate lol

Ps don't make the mistake my dm did when she made it. She bought the cooked beetroot from the salad counter & didn't notice it said 'in vinegar' in small letters icon_surprised.gif

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 3

This receipe is very similar to the one I have used, very strange that it does not taste bitter..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%