How Long

Decorating By SweetDelites Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 2:06pm by kakeladi

SweetDelites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelites Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:05am
post #1 of 6

How long can i freeze a cake and it still be good? I have put cake int the freezer but for only a few days.
THX!

5 replies
angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:18am
post #2 of 6

as long as it coverd good it can last for several weeks if not months I believe

Cealy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cealy Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:52am
post #3 of 6

I had an extra choc cake left over from an order so I wrapped it in 6 layers of plastic wrap-this was in late June. My birthday was mid Aug. so I took the cake out and defrosted it and let my teenage daughter decorate it. It was delicious!!!! Super moist to my surprise. Now if I have a family birthday and an order close together I will bake them all at once and freeze the family ones! lol Fresh cake for paying customers!
C

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #4 of 6

Recommended freezer life is usually labelled for six months. If wrapped airtight, they can last longer without freezer burn risk. 1st anniversary cakes are frozen for a year.

SweetDelites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelites Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 6

I have found cakes in the bottom/back of the fzr that had been there for something like 6-8 months and they were still fine. As long as it is wrapped well it will be o.k.
To fz-IF it is iced/decorated- put in on a sheet and let it fz hard (UNcovered),this usually take a couple of hours, wrap in a couple layers of plastic wrap, then into a sealable plastic bag or foil. Make sure nothing is ever placed on top of it durring it's time in cold storage icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%