Cake Boss Software???

Business By Cosima Updated 28 Aug 2011 , 1:59am by cutiepiecupcake

Cosima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cosima Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 14

Who uses Cake Boss Software? If so, what are the pros & cons/positive & negatives. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it just so I can keep better tabs on cost vs charge.

Everyone's expertise on this software and/or other advise would be greatly appreciated.

13 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 14

I have cakeboss software and LOVE it!! Cakeboss is easy to use, keeps track of everything in one place and customer service is pretty good.

I would recommend it.

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 14

I recently started using the CakeBoss software and love it! It has really helped me with pricing especially, but is great to keep track of sales and expenses, etc.

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 14

I LOVE CakeBoss! If you do a forum search, there are several threads where users share their experiences with it.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 14

Cake Boss is great for new business owners who need help figuring out pricing, but if you already have a good handle on your costs you'll probably want to go for something like QuickBooks instead, since QB handles all your accounting and interfaces directly with tax software.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 14

I told hubby that this is what I want for Christmas and he agreed to it! icon_biggrin.gif

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 14

I just got it 2 weeks ago and LOVE IT!
I know my costs pretty well, so I bought it for the organization of shopping lists for the orders and the orders them selves! I was using a calandar on the wall, but that got old QUICK LOL! I can type in what they are ordering with a price, then make a note on more details, attach pictures to their order if there are any...keep track of their anniversaries, birthdays...lots of fun! And, no more loosing phone #s!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:40pm
post #8 of 14

LOVE IT! It was my first purchase when our cottage food bill passed. I think it is all pros. The only con I think I have seen is that I have to do a "recipe" for cupcakes because my serving numbers for cupcakes are different than for cakes. Has anyone found a good solution for this?

There is so much I love about this product it's ridiculous. The recipe management, expenses and being able to easily include the non-food costs of a cake have been a huge help to me. It also really helped me come up with my pricing because I could see the difference in cost of my various recipes.

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 2:55am
post #9 of 14

I have this software, too and it was very easy to use. It is really helping me keep organized so I think it is well worth the investment. thumbs_up.gif

JoanieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanieB Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 11:57am
post #10 of 14

Don't forget cakecentral members get a discount!!! I purchased it about a month ago. Man, was I undercharging. Still trying to figure some things out but I really love my software.

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 10:20am
post #11 of 14

Anyone else find entering an invoice into cake boss is painfully slow? Am I missing something? I wish it would try to auto link the item to already costed out recipes when your entering products on a customer invoice.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:58pm
post #12 of 14

Katiebell74,
It's not slow for me. I loaded all my recipes and materials over the last couple of months so creating an order is really quick. Once in an order it is a bit slower if you have to add something new but for me that's rare since I preloaded everything elseicon_smile.gif

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 1:19am
post #13 of 14

Sillywabbitz - I have stopped breaking my recipes down by serving. When calculating the cost I just calculate with "1" serving and it just gives me the cost to make the whole thing and not break it down by serving.

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 1:59am
post #14 of 14

Ditto! LOVE LOVE LOVE it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%