I'm Just Skiving...

Lounge By jennifercullen Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 8:44pm by jennifercullen

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 5

I should really be decorating my hulk torso cake right now ready for my friend to collect tomorrow... my kids went to bed by 8pm and I have sat for a whole hour looking at pictures and forum posts, and telling myself at 5 minute intervals I really should go fondant my cake lol. It's just so boring... cover in green, outline the muscles... shade in green...I just wondered who else is skiving right now and what are you skiving from? (i don't know if skiving is an internationally recognised term, if its not it just means not doing when you should be)

4 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 5

I should be working on my giant cupcake cake, but I just finished work at 9pm and had a crappy day so can't really be bothered. Back in work at 8am too. This is shift number 1 of 21 in a row so yea not good... ughhhh lol

ljchevygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljchevygirl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 5

I should be cleaning up my kitchen from making a carrot cake for a friends birthday. I finished it, sat down to relax for a few minutes, got a shower, delivered the cake, came home andfixed something to eat and then got on the computer to check out CC. I will get to cleaning the kitchen...someday. LOL

vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 5

Skiving is one of my favorite things to do when it comes time for school work! It takes me way longer to write a paper than it should because for some reason my fingers just type in cakecentral.com into the address bar instead of those scholarly webpages....

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 5

Haha. Oh the cleaning, I have that to look forward to afterwards... maybe that can wait until morning? I also used to have trouble with my college work vgray, partly typing in cakecentral.com instead of whatever else, but that's only if I made it to the computer before I switched the oven on and got a mixing bowl out haha.

Lisapeps that sounds like such fun thumbsdown.gif I feel sorry for you! Sounds like you need to skive sometimes or you wouldn't stop! Mine is pure laziness... having done not a lot all day :/

I have now put The green fondant on the cake. And I'm having another little rest. My cake was fresh out of the fridge so actually when I go back it might be too damp to do anything else..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%