Need Help, Wizard Of Oz Cake!

Decorating By RnZmom Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 1:42am by RnZmom

RnZmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RnZmom Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 6

I've seen a lot of great ideas here for the cake portion but the client wants the actual figures placed on the cake and I cannot find any reasonably priced once anywhere. I have found the 2 piece (Dorothy and Witch) on Amazon for $11 but wanted the whole set for his daughter to keep after the cake is gone. Can't mold them as again, they will be played with after teh cake is gone.

ANY suggestions please!!! Thanks!

5 replies
YummyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyCreations Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 6

Try Ebay! I just saw some listings there. I hope you find what you need!

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 6

Hi,
I found this,
http://www.musiccitycardsandgifts.com/WO_1800S-p-Wizard-of-Oz-Figurines.html

But it looks a bit expensive, although I'm not from the US so I'm not sure how that price sounds to you! icon_smile.gif

If you can't find them, could you make them, but out of oven bake clay or something? They seen like they're going to be different to get hold of.

Hope this helps, good luck! thumbs_up.gif

coleslawcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coleslawcat Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 12:06am
post #4 of 6

In 2008 or so McDonalds did Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz toys. They looked like Madame Alexander dolls, not replicas of the characters in the movie, but they were cute. I don't know if that would work for you or where you would find them though, maybe amazon or ebay.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 12:21am
post #5 of 6

There is a bunch on eBay. maybe one of them will work for you.

RnZmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RnZmom Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 1:42am
post #6 of 6

for the suggestions everyone. I looked but didn't see much on ebay that would work or wasn't expensive or very used looking. Not sure what I will do, maybe put it back on the client??? Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%