Duff Airbrush Problems???

Decorating By jennbrownrigg Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 2:13pm by Kuppy

jennbrownrigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennbrownrigg Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 1:43am
post #1 of 3

So I got a Duff Airbrush for my birthday in June and was very happy about it. I had used it twice and went to use it a 3rd time and no colour would come out. The air was flowing out fine but no colour. I took it all apart, cleaned it (even though I know it was clean just fine) and still nothing. I put it away and went to deal with it a few hours later and it worked just fine. Had no problems for a while and this morning, I went to airbrush, of course the finishing touches on a cake that was due at noon, and it wouldn't work. I again took it all apart, cleaned it out and nothing.
Anyone have any experience like this or suggestions?
Thanks!

2 replies
YummyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyCreations Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 5:07am
post #2 of 3

I've had my Duff Airbrush since June and have used it 4 or 5 separate times with no problem at all. I have only used Americolor liquid colors in it. What brand of colors have you used in it. Don't know if that may have something to do with it. I been affraid to use gel colors mixed with vodka for fear it may clog the airbrush and I always make sure I rinse off the colors with water really well after every use. Don't know if this might help you any.

Kuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kuppy Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 3

I recently went to Michaels to purchase Duff's Airbrush machine and only the demo box was shown, so i asked an associate to check to see if they had any in the back, and he told me they were told to take them off the shelves because tehre was a recall on them
This is from Toronto, Ontario (Canada) so i'm not sure if this applies to you guys... just what i heard, i thought i'd share =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%