How To Achieve An Antique Effect On Red Fondant Covered Cake

Decorating By labmom Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 10:11pm by labmom

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 3

Hi
Well I am on to yet another odd request from a client. It is for a 3 tier red fondant covered cake with scroll work and then I guess you would call it antiqued?? it looks old and kind of spooky the way it is done.

I have the photo on my laptop that was emailed to me from the client but she doesn't remember what website that she found it or I would post it for you to see. The scroll work is very nice appears to be black and there is some kind of texture on the cake beneith the scroll work but it is hard to see what it is with the photo that I have.

Anyway if anyone has any idea what dark color I could use to get an antique affect on the cake on the boarders and the scroll work... It appears to be black in the picture. It also has a sheen on the cake so I assume that it has either been steamed or sprayed with the edible acrylic spray pme has out.

Help.. (i think I can email the photo to anyone who might want to see the cake.

thanks everyone.

2 replies
mariacakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariacakestoo Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 3

http://imageshack.us/ Just upload the pic here and paste the link back in here. It will show the picture correctly without any hassle.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 3

Here is my attempt at dowloading a photo of the cake.. not sure its going to work.
no it didn't work... will keep trying
i can email you the photo if anyone is interested in helping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%