High Altitude

Baking By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 12 Aug 2011 , 3:49am by Elcee

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 12:43am
post #1 of 3

Hi all,
I need some advice. I am going to Denver in December to do my nieces wedding cake. She has asked for my dark chocolate sour cream cake. My problem is I have no idea how to adjust it for the altitude change and the idea of experimenting days before the wedding does not thrill me. Can anyone give me some guidance? OR, is there a baker in the Denver area that would be willing to pre-bake the rounds for me and I can then decorate them?

2 replies
KarlaGJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarlaGJ Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 12:54am
post #2 of 3

I'm in western Colo, slightly higher elevation than Denver. It can take me multiple tries to adjust a new recipe to my satisfaction. When I visit the in-laws in KS I bake a cake every time, just to remind myself I can bake a cake without it falling.

There are two cookbooks that I've found to be the best starting point. One is published by Colo State Univ and the other is Pie in the Sky. Both should be available @ Amazon.

I'd help you out with the baking if I were in the Denver area. Good luck!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 3:49am
post #3 of 3

BeeBoos-8599_ , if you pm or email me the recipe I can give you some suggestions. If the recipe sounds good, I might even test if for you
if I have time icon_smile.gif. Unfortunately, I'm probably a little too far to bake for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%