Vanilla Wasc Help Needed

Baking By Pearl645 Updated 4 Nov 2011 , 5:05pm by Lemmers

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 10

Hi CCers,

I fell in love with the WASC recipe and would like to try the Vanilla WASC recipe by macsmom.

I haven't been able to find any liquid vanilla creamers in my country. Could you guys let's me know if I could make my own liquid vanilla creamer using the powdered creamer and water and what proportions to use? Also, has anyone used all milk in this recipe and no creamer and gotten a good tasting vanilla cake?

2nd pt to clarify from recipe - is the pack of vanilla pudding a dry or wet mix? What brand do you guys recommend? One store used to bring in Jello pudding and pie fillings in vanilla but they have stopped. Really need help finding substitute ingredients.

Vanilla paste is scraped from vanilla beans?

Hoping someone out there has had success using this recipe and can give advice soon! icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Pearl

9 replies
lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 1:31am
post #2 of 10

https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

That should help you...her recipe is with all of these.

cely10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cely10 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 7:45am
post #3 of 10

thank you lutie for the tip

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 9:28am
post #4 of 10

Have you tried the original vanilla wasc cake recipe in the cc recipes? It is amazing icon_smile.gif I always get raves!

Cricketina Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 9:29am
post #5 of 10

Have you tried the original vanilla wasc cake recipe in the cc recipes? It is amazing icon_smile.gif I always get raves!

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 9:30am
post #6 of 10

You can also just follow the original WASC & use a couple more tsp. of vanilla in place of the almond.

Cricketina Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 9:35am
post #7 of 10

Yes u can make liquid vanilla cream coffee cream....I got a great frosting recipe off of Paula Deen food network and it called for you to mix water with the vanilla coffee creamer to make it liquid form for the recipe and that frosting turned out amazing!

And the awsome original wasc recipe is by kakelady icon_wink.gif

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 10

Do you all use Jello vanilla pie filling mix for the vanilla WASC recipe or is it a wet vanilla pudding i need?

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:41pm
post #9 of 10

Use boxed instant vanilla pudding : )

Lemmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemmers Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:05pm
post #10 of 10

Hi! I'm not sure what country you are in but I'm in the UK and when it calls for pudding mix I use angel delight- just the packet contents as they are, not made up.

I also tried the Himmingbird bakery cake (one of most saved) and it's delicious, so also worth a try! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%