Satin Ice Fondant

Decorating By patswifey Updated 15 Aug 2011 , 6:54pm by SatinFineFoods

patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 9:01am
post #1 of 5

I have a cake coming up and they would like coral pink fondant. I found the coloring online but haven't had the best results coloring with satin ice. Does anyone have any helpful hints or a different type of fondant, that still tastes good but colors well?

the couple times I tried to color satin ice it became very sticky and even after it sat, I wasn't able to roll it out the way it should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank You

4 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:06pm
post #2 of 5

You may find that problem with other fondants also. I have always started my students with Pettinice as Satin Ice tends to be too "soft". You will also need to add powdered sugar. HTH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 5

with satin ice you really need to use the precolored fondants. Start with Satin's Pink, add in some of their yellow and it will become coral.

patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 8:11am
post #4 of 5

Thank You both!! icon_biggrin.gif

SatinFineFoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SatinFineFoods Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 5

We recommend only gel coloring be added to Satin Ice® Fondant and Satin Ice® Gum Paste. Specifically, we like Chef Master and AmeriColor⢠brands. With the addition of either of these products for coloring, you should not need to add powdered sugar or corn starch. Do not use liquid food coloring as it will alter the product. When adding color, add very small amounts at a time until you achieve the desired color. This will help you to have better control over the color and will prevent you from adding too much color, which might cause the product to become inconsistent. To experiment with mixing our pre-colored fondants, see the virtual Color Mix Guide on our website. We hope these suggestions help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%